Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Dating Disasters

Illustrating topics for the dating set these days just keeps getting more colorful. And by "colorful", I mean silly, smutty, and immature. But I'm having fun with it. The following glut of illustrations are just some of the recent situations I've been reading about... enjoy!


I think this one explains itself. I think most people like groups of threes in decorating, but not on a date.


Ever notice how sometimes, on The Discovery Channel, the male peacock spends more time primping than pursuing? Then he gets all sad when he doesn't get any letters or email?


This guy seems to be having his cake and eating it too. Selfish, huh? Of course, the original correct figure of speech goes: "eat your cake and have it too", but all us modern people mess it up.


Most people are big believers that you can't catch a date online without posting a picture of yourself first. I had to illustrate this, so this is what I did. (I know, I know, but I just couldn't resist drawing cute little fishies!)


Sooooooo... which banana would you choose? I for one, go for quality over quantity, but that's just me. Let's see... "See No Evil, Hear No Evil, ...Taste No Evil?"


I'm not going to explain this one, but feel free to come up with your own interpretation.


Finally, have you ever had a shitty date? I have. They STINK.

4 comments:

David DeGrand said...

DUDE!! Awesome illustrations as always, I can't get enough of your line work and color choices, HOW DO YOU DO IT?!?!? I seriously have a lot to learn from you, keep up with the great artwork!

JustMe said...

Wha??? No way, man. You don't have anything to learn from me... I'd say you've already mastered your own special style. Seriously...no false flattery here. Thank you for the comment and compliment though.

Unknown said...

Coool set of fun neato illos!!

tirui said...

these are great! i saw the donut one and all i could think of was johnny cash's "ring of fire".