Monday, October 06, 2008

Fall Outré Boy


Hey peeps, my loyal peeps who give a crap, thanks for stopping by. I'm tossing out a post just to stay on whatever radars are left out there. I've been busy, busy, busy. Working hard for the money. Shakin' the money maker. We can't be too careful during these economic hard times brought to us by the lovely Bush administration, so I've been doing all the freelancing I can.

I just finished this illustration of Pete Wentz, the cute bassist from Fall Out Boy, and I thought I'd share the joy. It'll be accompanying an article about his penchant for kissing boys (probably for shock value) and the recent media exposure of his private parts (via his handy Sidekick). I can't say I'm a huge fan of his music because I haven't listened to most of it, but I will say I'm willing to support these new kids with androgynous leanings and lax sexual boundaries. Try as many flavors as you like...that's all I'm sayin'.

I witnessed further evidence of Mr. Wentz's coolness recently when I stumbled into lesbian night at his bar, "Angels & Kings", in the East Village. I tagged along with my friend Julie for "Starlet Sunday" and was impressed that he'd offer up his bar for just the ladies one night of the week. Of course, maybe that's in hopes of getting in on the action, but hopefully it's a purer gesture. Whatever the case, we had a blast and I walked around secretly hoping to run into Ashlee Simpson lip-locked with some butch babe.

2 comments:

David DeGrand said...

Hey Justin, nice illustration as always, love the detailed pants and tattoos. Can't say I know much about the music either, I feel so old sometimes!

Joni said...

Hey Justin,

Just spoke with P at a football party, your mama had to work... too bad!!!!

Semga and I think about you often and hope you are doing well. We will always remember the great time you showed us in NY.

I would love to live in NY for a few years, but can't convince Senga that it woudl be a good idea.

We have recently put our home on the market and are looking forward to moving back to Utah. Come visit, we will show you the real Utah!!!
Much love,
J & S