Monday, April 03, 2006

Ahhhh...subtlety.


Can someone please explain to me what's cute about this? Now, before you stone me with accusations of not being open minded, let me remind you that I've been a card-carrying member of the "gay community" since coming out to my mother (who is also same-sex oriented) at the age of sixteen. So really, seriously...why do some people feel the need to dress like a snowy white, Cher-worshipping version of a member from The Village People? Or attend dance parties with one-color theme titles? Recently, I dodged a big event here in New York called The Black Party. I suppose you go and wear black or leather (surprise!), do incredible amounts of drugs, and sleep with as many random people as possible (I'm guessing). Sound like fun? Good times? Nah...not for me. I'd rather meet a nice boyfriend to eventually take home to Mom and her girlfriend. Hopefully, in the future, there will be a day when the gay community looks back on these "ultra-event parties", and realizes how tacky some of these events really are. Give me a funny, ironic, witty, and self-aware drag queen performing at a local dive bar any day...over these stereotypical drones.

I'd love to hear outside opinions on this topic...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You already know my opinion on this topic...other than the part about mother having a girlfriend, I would've written the exact same words.

Unknown said...

Not all people are as lucky as you are... Its not always their fault for chasing something stupid... We lack good role models to show us better ways...some people just can't help themselves...

Wayz, as a card carrying member of soon to be entering the Silver Jubilee era (25 years honey!), I just have to say that judge not less be judged. I know, its hard not to, and sometimes you have to, but from experience, its best not to...in time, you will understand grasshopper. Oh and don't become one of those gays that falls in love with the hopeless ones, (the kinds that roam the dancefloors chasing that very thing which they so lack in themselves) and play Florence Nightingale to them. That is just as bad as a straight girl falling for a gay guy thing.

Anonymous said...

Well, J, I'm sure you know how I feel about this whole thing. So I'm just going to be the first to put this observation to the forefront....WHAT THE HELL IS IN THAT MAN'S PANTS??!!! Justin, I could barely get through the blog cause my eyes just kept wandering crotch-ward...WHOA!
LW

JustMe said...

write on dude - When are you going to be in town? Please call me or write and let me know...
I'd love to see ya. How long are you staying? Where? Until when? I'm excited you're going to be back so soon!!! Let's go see Thunder Down Under, oh wait...that's Vegas. We'll figure something out!

gwwf - Don't worry, I don't think I'm one of those guys who falls for the hopeless ones. I don't play the Florence Nightingale role usually. I figure if they got themselves in whatever mess they're in, they can get themselves out, too. Hopefully, they will...hopefully...

laughwhore - Hahahahaha!!! You crack me up! I know, right?! WHAT is going on down there? Heh heh...don't get too excited though, it's probably just a stuffed sock. A lot of those kind of guys are into "illusion".

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.